The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) team provides education, resources, and advocacy to help our members improve the experience and safety of patients in their care. You can be a part of this important work—join more than 160 change-makers, collaborators, and advocates as we continually work towards excellence.
We live our core values of collaboration, dedication, commitment, and improvement every day. And we know that diversity in the way we look, think, learn, and live makes everything ASA does better. Our policies, culture, and people strengthen this commitment every day. As a result, ASA has been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago and the Nation® for the past seven years.
ASA offers flexible hybrid work arrangements, a "dress for your day" mindset, generous time off, plus big development and educational opportunities, so you can write your own story. What's more because ASA is a professional association—not a corporation—we value performance over profits.
As part of the health care community, we offer a full slate of health, financial, and wellness benefits to support personal and family needs, including quality medical, dental, and vision insurance at a reasonable cost, 401K match, a free fitness center, breastmilk shipping, CALM subscription, volunteer committees, employee resource groups, and much more.
Be part of a collaborative, caring community. Reach out to ASA today!
AQI was established by the American Society of Anesthesiologists in October 2008 to facilitate practice-based quality management through education and quality data feedback.
Home to NACOR, the largest anesthesia registry in the country, AQI's vision is "to be the primary source of information for quality improvement in the clinical practice of anesthesiology. Through education and quality feedback, AQI will help to improve the quality care of patients, lower anesthesia mortality and lower anesthesia incidents."
AQI is listed as a Patient Safety Organization (PSO) by the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), ASA is a member of the National Quality Forum (NQF) and NACOR is a Qualified Registry (QR) and a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR).
The AQI Senior Registry Operations Manager is responsible for practice engagement, understanding the user experience, practice and user education, and practice support for the National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR) to ensure successful data submission to the registry. This role will drive quality improvement initiatives and support work to improve data quality and reporting for NACOR.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Responsible for building a portfolio of products and services to assist practices with understanding of anesthesia quality programs (educational materials, webinars, podcasts, user guides, etc.), CMS quality programs (e.g. MIPS), as well as help practices understand how to leverage registry data to improve clinical outcomes.
· Responsible for compliance with CMS QCDR/QR program requirements such as but not limited to attending monthly calls, completion of CMS compliance reports, adapting AQI processes to adhere to changing CMS policies.
· Supports AQI Senior Application Development Manager with the execution of the NACOR auditing program for NACOR participants. Manages participant communication and support through submission process.
· Responsible for driving data quality initiatives within NACOR, setting quality assurance standards for data completeness, data accuracy, and reporting.
· Collaborate with Quality and Regulatory Affairs on addressing customer needs, measure inquiries, and regulatory action items
· Collaborates with Data Warehouse Vendor to provide a positive customer experience and identify system and process issues for resolution.
· Oversees account management processes including data warehouse and intake vendor compliance with customer service requirements including oversight of the customer service ticketing system to ensure tickets are addressed in a timely manner.
· Build and support ongoing customer relationships for participant retention, new participant acquisition, and evolving outreach to both groups. Ensure efficient and effective onboarding of new practices, and oversee Registry User Engagement, including facilitating user groups and moderating forums.
· Collaborates cross-departmentally with ASA Membership, Marketing, Education and Business Development to ensure practices have an accurate and up-to-date understanding of Quality Reporting Programs.
· Writes and maintains SOPs for areas of responsibility and expertise.
· Serves as subject matter expert for NACOR Newsletter and responsible for ensuring NACOR Newsletter is sent to participants. Collaborates with Regulatory Affairs and Marketing departments to ensure content is accurate and current.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field highly desired.
· Familiarity with the CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP), Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), and their regulatory compliance requirements.
· Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, including experience in maintaining a data registry; or relevant experience working with medical practices; familiarity with medical coding, billing, quality reporting.
· Experience with data management, including internal data audits, reporting, and focus on data quality preferred.
· Must work collaboratively to achieve organizational and team goals/results.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and other productivity focused tools.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure high quality results.
· Manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal oversight.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!