Under the direction of the Director, Association Resources, the Manager will be responsible for providing exceptional service, support and project management as it relates to NAA’s affiliate network. The Manager is a creative and strategic thinker who contributes to NAA’s Association Resources group by building relationships with affiliate staff and volunteer leadership to understand their unique needs and to connect them to resources and services that would help strengthen the local affiliate, members, and relationships with NAA/ NAAEI. The Manager will also play an integral role in the development of programs to serve the AE and affiliate staff stakeholder group. S/he will also ensure events and activities are within NAA guidelines and fulfill all sponsor expectations.
· Builds and maintains strong business relationships among the affiliate network and NAA, consistent with the strategic plan and management objectives; provides effective and continuous communications; offer best practice guidelines and support resources.
· Coordinates with NAA departments to respond to affiliate requests for information and support or to address complaints or concerns regarding NAA services, programs, or policies.
· Manages online affiliate event calendar, affiliate staff travel program, affiliate web services, and trade show material fulfillment.
· Assists with the creation and implementation of new programs and projects as identified by department leadership.
· Work closely with Data & Applications Management (DAM) team to coordinate the Data Exchange project; acting as liaison between DAM team, Association Resources, and affiliate leaders.
· Assists in the development of volunteer leadership training programs.
· Manages all records and databases pertaining to affiliate compliance process and membership reporting.
· Communicate proactively with affiliate leaders regarding reporting requirements and timelines. Collect and review affiliate reporting to ensure compliance and identify membership growth trends.
· Work closely with NAA communications team to identify affiliate marketing needs to support NAA goals.
· Evaluate membership statistics to identify trends in recruitment and retention.
· Supports the Association Resources Department on programs including but not limited to AEX Live, New AE Orientation, AE/AP Leadership Symposium, and education programming.
· Identifies training and development opportunities for affiliate staff and leaders; coordinates education efforts with the Resource Directors to strengthen affiliate management competencies and services to members.
· Develop and distribute monthly AE Update and other e-newsletters.
· Manage the Clubhouse website including the curation of new content.
· Serve as back-up support for Affiliate & Member Engagement related committees and task forces.
· All other duties as deemed appropriate by supervisor
2. Communication proficiency
3. Organizational skills
4. Critical Evaluation
5. Technical capacity
6. Cultural Awareness
7. Relationship Management
8. Ethical Practice
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Little to no travel is expected for this position. Most travel would be local during the business day.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• 2+ years of experience in association management or corporate membership environment
• Strong client facing and communication skills
• Advanced trouble shooting and multi-tasking skills.
• Framework of knowledge for association management or CRM software
• Strong oral and written communication skill
• Solid organizational skills with ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
• Must be able to travel occasionally to attend events and other off-site functions
• Excellent project management, verbal, editing/writing skills are required. The successful candidate will have excellent “people skills”, be detail- and service-oriented and have exceptional technology skills.
• Proven ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in membership-driven trade or professional association, or national non-profit organization
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
National Apartment Association (NAA), America’s leading voice for the apartment housing industry, provides its members with the best range of strategic, educational, operational, networking and advocacy resources they need to learn, to lead and to succeed. As a federation of nearly 170 state and local affiliates, NAA encompasses over 72,000 members representing more than 8.4 million apartment homes throughout the United States and Canada. NAA’s purpose is to enable every single one of its members to fulfill his or her professional goals with great competence, speed and the highest standards of ethics.