FOUNDATION EXECUTIVE PROJECT SPECIALIST – SCHAUMBURG, IL –
FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and a related organization of the American Society of Anesthesiologists®. For 35 years, FAER has been dedicated to developing the next generation of physician-investigators.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last six years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
ASA offers flexible hybrid home-and-office work arrangements and so much more! As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The FAER Executive Project Specialist will provide executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director of FAER regarding development, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives. Demonstrate confidence and take ownership in handling questions, phone calls, arranging travel schedule, etc. of principals located both on-site and remotely. Provide executive level administrative support for the Executive Director and Board of Directors. Efficiently manage and prioritize many projects and tasks concurrently that support multiple team members, while working independently with minimal oversight.
· Liaison to the Board of Directors including attendance at all Board meetings; responsible for taking the official minutes at the Board, committee, and task force meetings. Assist with agenda development, distribution and meeting follow-up.
· Execute Project Management abilities by creating long and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines with assigned projects.
· Serve as the exhibit and meeting planner for FAER including but not limited to Friends of FAER, ANESTHESIOLOGY, ADVANCE, other events FAER exhibits at and in house FAER meetings and retreats.
· Oversee the creation and execution of the annual Mentored Research Training Grant meeting including managing, obtaining, and reporting CME for the event
· Arrange and schedule detailed meetings and conference calls, facilitate hosting conference calls and web-based video conference calls, compile agenda packets, maintain director’s appointment calendar.
· Effectively communicate with a variety of FAER stakeholders, including Board members, grant recipients, program participants, donors, and American Society of Anesthesiologists staff and physician members.
· Assist with data entry and quality control of FAER information in database.
· Mange and process all FAER invoices and contracts.
· Provides backup FAER duties as needed within other areas of FAER.
· Proofread reports, presentations, program materials, communications and publications.
· Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and FAER Administrative Procedures (AP’s).
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of related experience required, including project and meeting planning. Experience with foundation, non-profit or fundraising organization helpful.
· PMP Certification preferred.
· Experience working with healthcare providers and their team members a plus.
· Proficiency with web-based publishing tools and content management systems required. Experience using Google, Gmail, Google Calendar and Microsoft Office required.
· Experience with use of and data entry into large database systems is a plus. Personify database knowledge is helpful.
· Knowledge of CME program creation, application process and reporting requirements beneficial.
· Clear and consistent communicator (verbal and written) with excellent proofreading skills.
· Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize many projects and tasks simultaneously; ability to provide support for multiple team members while working independently with minimal oversight.
· Able to maintain confidentiality of information, demonstrate exceptional decision-making and critical thinking skills as well as consistent attention to detail and follow-through.
· Must be willing to adapt to the demands of a rapidly changing work environment.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!