The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) the world's leading resource for professionals in the Contract Management field has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager. The position will report to NCMA's CFO and will be located at our offices in Ashburn, VA. Primary responsibilities include all accounting cycles: revenue, expense/AP, payroll and general ledger. For over 60 years NCMA has been providing our nearly 20,000 members with the latest on industry topics, in person and virtual events and certifications. NCMA is a collaborative environment, committed to work-life flexibility and diversity making our association one of the best places to work. Our benefits package is comprehensive including health, dental, vision and generous 401(k) match.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Summarize daily transactions from the Association Management System (Impexium) and post transactions to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Reconcile AMS transactions with daily deposits per bank and reconcile any differences.
- Summarize daily event transactions from associations event software (Cvent) and post transactions to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Maintain Deferred Revenue accounts and reconcile monthly.
- Summarize month membership sales and report results.
- Manage electronic accounts payable process including invoice approval, coding invoices, entry of source documents, electronic payment preparation and reconciliation of subsidiary accounts payable ledger to GL.
- Issuance of tax forms, such as Form 1099 and W-2.
- Administration of payroll and benefits for approximately 20 – 25 employees including health, life, and disability insurance and 401(k).
- Manage the month end close process.
- Prepare and post GL journal entries.
- Responsible for monthly bank statement reconciliation and quarterly royalty calculations and payments.
- Prepare monthly supporting schedules which include accounts receivable, Inventory, fixed assets, accrued expenses, deferred revenue (conferences, and education).
- Support annual GAAP audit by preparing client PBC schedules in coordination with the CFO and respond to requests from the audit services contractor as required.
- Interact and collaborate with staff in a positive, proactive, and productive manner.
- Respond to all vendor and customer inquiries via phone, email, fax, and mail regarding financial transactions, tax forms, etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of internal procedures for modifications or improvements.
- Update internal standard operating procedures (SOP) as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA recommended
- Intermediate knowledge of excel including pivot tables.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in financial accounting positions
- Knowledge and experience in financial management software required, Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to explain clearly financial issues to non-financial officers and staff
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Discretion with sensitive business and financial information
- Experience in managing multiple tasks to meet monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in payroll and benefit administration tools and applications required, Paychex preferred
- Ability to work independently to meet established schedules in addition to ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Schedule, Travel, and Work Environment:
Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm local time, includes unpaid 30-minute lunch. Flextime and compressed workweek schedules are
available for this position based on the supervisor’s approval. Telecommuting is available for this position based on the supervisor’s approval.
Business and/or home office.
About National Contract Management Association
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA), founded in 1959, is the world’s leading professional resource for those in the field of contract management. The organization, which has over 20,000 members, is dedicated to the professional growth and educational advancement of procurement and acquisition personnel worldwide. NCMA strives to serve and inform the profession it represents and to offer opportunities for the open exchange of ideas in neutral forums.