The Manager, Business Development Operations works with the business development team on the delivery of core services to existing and prospective corporate partners. The manager contributes to the planning, project management, coordination, and delivery of business development activities, assuring that the team functions smoothly and seamlessly throughout the year.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
30% Marketing 30% Sales operations 30% Coordinating deliverables for sponsorships, advertising and exhibits 10% Prospecting
1. Collaborates with the business development team in meeting annual non-dues revenue goals.
2. Works independently, proactively identifies prospects, maintains knowledge of industry best practices, tracks timelines, and assists in maintaining and growing our corporate partner relationships through the delivery of all contracted benefits.
3. Collaborates with the business development team, as well as marketing, meetings and events, annual meeting, and other NACUBO staff to increase business development opportunities and keep projects moving forward to completion.
4. Completes sponsorship fulfillment and stewardship efforts, assuring that our contracted benefits are delivered on time and on target (budget).
5. Analyzes and tracks sales budgets.
6. Anticipates and monitors customer satisfaction related to sales efforts and advises sales and marketing strategies.
7. Resolves customer complaints related to sales.
8. Serves as the liaison to the Business Officer editorial staff, the NACUBO Career HQ job board, and the communications team that produces Current (our bi-weekly e-newsletter), performing all duties necessary to execute the sales of advertising and sponsorships into these products.
9. Acts as the business development team’s operations manager and subject matter expert for Salesforce (customer relationship management system), HighRoad (association marketing platform) and netFORUM (association management system).
10. Works directly with business partners and their advertising agencies to book and traffic print advertising, as well as website and newsletter sponsorships.
11. Performs other duties as assigned related the mission of NACUBO.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to five years’ hands on experience with CRM and marketing automation systems, including Salesforce required; Salesforce certification a plus
• Three to five years’ experience working with netFORUM or another association management system strongly desired
• Enthusiasm for data and an eagerness to understand trends behind metrics and suggest improvements in our offerings
• Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
• Better than proficient understanding of Windows-based applications
• Knowledge of digital advertising trends and terminology, as well as website analytics
• Ability and desire to work to a budget and meet reasonable sales goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think creatively and quickly connect the needs of the business development team members
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines
• Desire to take ownership of projects from inception through implementation to completion, following up every step of the way
• Proven ability to work both independently and contribute as a team member
• Detail-oriented, proactive, self-starter, with a positive, hands-on attitude and a desire to grow and develop in the position, on the team, and within a higher education association
Located in Washington, D.C., NACUBO serves a membership of more than 2,500 colleges, universities, and higher education service providers across the country. NACUBO represents chief administrative and financial officers through a collaboration of knowledge and professional development, advocacy, and community. Our vision: to define excellence in higher education business and financial management.
Established in 1962, NACUBO has been an association since it succeeded a federation of associations of business officers that had given the profession a framework since 1951. NACUBO now represents more than two-thirds of the higher education institutions in the United States.