At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
Communities In Schools aims to ensure that the CIS Model of Integrated Student Supports reaches more students effectively across four delivery channels: the traditional network of CIS affiliates, collective impact partnerships, external professional development and our newly created channel --CIS Model Licensing.
As Director of Licensing and Program Implementation, you will have a critical role in expanding integrated student supports by leading the development and implementation of our CIS Model licensing channel. This position reports to the Vice-President, National Resource Center & Connections. You will be responsible for building and operationalizing our efforts to license the CIS Model to school districts, community-based nonprofits (CBOs) and other government entities. Working in collaboration across the organization, you will take a visible and entrepreneurial role in the strategic creation and implementation of a licensing strategy to develop a spectrum of professional development and implementation products and services to support licensed organizations in effectively delivering our model.
• Under the direction of the Vice-President, National Resource Center & Connections, lead the creation, implementation, and operationalization of the CIS licensing strategy.
• Oversee the development of the licensure delivery channel by developing programs, processes, practices. Ensure integration and communication with other organizational functions by creating feedback loops and systems for exchanging information.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and develop products and services that can be applied across all the channels of Integrated Student Support delivery. Partner with Vice President of Technology to innovate and develop new digital tools and platforms to support effective implementation.
• Partner with the Business Development function to build a pipeline from external professional development to CIS model licensing, develop organization/school readiness assessments to assess licensure readiness, and collaborate in the development of key performance indicators.
• Interfaces with the Quality and Performance team & Operations Department to develop certification process that demonstrates CIS model implementation with quality and fidelity
• Develop processes and procedures for managing all aspects of the licensing relationship upon transition from Business Development. Serve as the primary customer relationship lead to the licensee and provide program expertise while ensuring effective implementation of the CIS.
Qualifications of the Director of Licensing and Program Implementation:
• Eight to ten years of experience working in a private, public and or non-profit organization in the areas of product development, licensure, organizational development and/or project management.
• Experience working with school districts or state boards of education is highly preferable.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing programs, processes, structures for a new organizational function.
• Experience coordinating activities across multiple functions in a corporate environment (finance, legal, commercial and marketing organizations.
• Program planning, development, implementation, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in evaluating, creating, and implementing operational plans, procedures, policy formulation and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Why Join the CIS Team:
• You can make a difference in helping kids stay in school!
• You will work in a collaborative, mission focused, employer of choice organization.
• You will have an opportunity to use your entrepreneurial and innovative strengths to build a new business function.
• CIS offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance, retirement savings, generous paid-time off, paid holidays (plus a bonus week), and telework opportunities.
About Communities In Schools
Across the country, 14.5 million kids under 18 live in poverty. These are disproportionately children of color who already struggle with issues of access and equity. Without community support, they are more at risk for missing school, dropping out and failing to earn a high school diploma. By helping our most vulnerable students stay in school and succeed in life, we are building stronger, healthier and more economically stable communities where every person is capable of reaching his or her greatest potential.